Sunday, October 14, 2007

Moving a Nation to Care Tour Returns to Massachusetts Tuesday in Amherst

tour_berkeley2bbackpages_051007_1tour_tempe2007_1meagher_boulder_2007-014

Since May, I've been fortunate enough to have had the chance to meet a great many incredible people on my Moving a Nation to Care book tour. With no fancy limos and author's handlers whisking me to and fro between airports and book stores and fancy hotels and cocktail receptions (that's how it is for other authors out there, isn't it? :o), I've had to rely on angels on the ground who have made each stay a success.

Back in May, my first stop was just outside of Boston at Waltham's Back Pages Books. Tuesday I return to that great state, my events bookending a very fine run, this time to Food For Thought Books in Amherst. It will be my final 2007 tour stop.


Long neglected as I researched, wrote and promoted Moving a Nation to Care these past 18 months, in November I return my focus to working on the PTSD Timeline with my ePluribus Media colleagues. Sadly, the incidents continue unabated.

If you are in the Amherst area, I do hope you can join us in wrapping up what has been a really incredible journey for me.

Although I am what one might consider an accidental author (due to the fact that Ig Publishing proposed I write a book when I hadn't considered such a thing even within my realm of possibilities), I have enjoyed the process and have been honored to join with those already actively advocating for our returning troops and their families. Thank you, Ig.

And for everyone else out there:
Thank you for embracing me, my (which I really consider our) work, and most especially thank you for your help in moving a nation to care.

I am so proud of us...

Details:

Moving a Nation to Care reading and book signing

Date: Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Time: 7:00 PM
Place: Food for Thought Books Collective
106 N.Pleasant Street
Amherst, MA 01002

Contact: Tel: 413-253-5432 :: Fax: 413-256-8329 :: Email

ajcdecatur2007_53tour_nyc04tour_oceanside2tour_seattle071207_1

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Want to stay connected? You can subscribe to PTSD Combat via Feedburner or follow Ilona on Twitter.
Later/Newer Posts Previous/Older Posts Return Home

Archives
2011: Jan Feb
2010: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sept Oct Nov Dec
2009: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sept Oct Nov Dec
2008: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sept Oct Nov Dec
2007: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sept Oct Nov Dec
2006: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sept Oct Nov Dec
2005: Sept Oct Nov Dec

Legal Notice

The information presented on this web site is based on news reports, medical and government documents, and personal analysis. It does NOT represent therapeutic prescription or recommendation. For specific advice and information, consult your health care provider.

Comments at PTSD Combat do not necessarily represent the editor's views. Illegal or inappropriate material will be removed when brought to our attention. The existence of such does not reflect an endorsement.



This site contains at times large portions of copyrighted material not specifically authorized by the copyright owner. This material is used for educational purposes, to forward understanding of issues that concern veterans and military families. In accordance with U.S. Copyright Law Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit. More information.