My greatly-anticipated Atlanta Journal Constitution Decatur Book Festival stint is this weekend. Tomorrow, I'll be signing books at 3pm in Fellowship Hall at Decatur Presbyterian. Sunday I'll give a brief Moving a Nation to Care presentation at noon on the City Hall Stage. Please come out if you can!
Additional upcoming events to pass along:
• 780 AM WBBM News Radio interview today at 11:30am; airs over the weekend in Chicago. [online stream]
• Bulldog and the Rude Awakening Show/WOCM 98.1 FM (Ocean City, MD) spot, Sept 5; 9 am EST [online stream]
• In the Valley of Elah screening, Sept 6 at 7pm
• Talk Star 840 AM (Titusville, FL) “Your Health Comes First” interview, Sept 8, 10:13-10:43 am EST [online stream]
• KMNY 1360 AM (Dallas, TX) 30-minute interview taped on Sept 10 at 10am CST; air date TBA [online stream]
• Second Life interview on Sept 27, 6pm PST/9pm EST
Click on 'Article Link' below tags for much, much more...
[Will be adding snippets throughout the day' more coming]
From Healing Combat Trauma (a blog with some great reading resources I'd recommend anyone check out):
It's heartening to see a few more books published on a topic near and dear to our heart: healing combat trauma and/or PTSD (see sidebar for titles; scroll all the way down). War and the Soul: Healing Our Nation's Veterans from Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, by Edward Tick. And (great title!) Moving a Nation to Care: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and America's Returning Troops, by fellow journalist/blogger, Ilona Meagher. The first book looks like it was published several years ago, so isn't new, but the second book is new. Let's hope this heralds a (re)surgence of interest in this vital topic!
I'm partial to the title myself, too. [wink]