Some stats from WTVF-Nashville:
Since 2001, 82 US soldiers in the war zone could not cope. They committed suicide. The number of suicides in 2003 was 26, down to 13 in 2004, back up to 25 in 2005, and so far this year there have been 20 soldiers in combat who've committed suicide. ...
According to Army officials, the number of suicides committed by soldiers seems to increase when they return home.
Click on 'Article Link' below tags for related posts...
- VA Reports Nearly 300 Estimated OEF/OIF Veteran Suicides
- More than 50% of Army's 948 Suicide Attempts in 2006 Sought Help First
- Fort Campbell: 9 Suicides in 2007, 3 in Last 2 Weeks Moves Commanding General to Act
- Is the Army 'Spinning' its Increase in Suicides?
- Last Year's 99 Army Suicides Highest in Recorded History
- Flash Video Remembers 100+ OEF/OIF Veteran Suicides
- Montana Iraq Vet Suicide Reflects VA, Military System Failure
- PTSD Timeline: The Latest Incidents
- WUSF 89.7 News: Report on Combat Zone Suicides
- Combat PTSD Timeline: 41 Stateside OEF/OIF Suicides
- Combat PTSD: Incident Database for Reporters, Researchers
- Army: 83 suicides in 2005, 67 in 2004
- Marine Corps Suicides Spiked 29% in 2004